Seniors Rights Victoria Logo
National Relay Service
National Relay Service
Need a translator?
Need a translator
Home
Home
Search
SearchSearch

Seniors Rights Victoria data FY 2021-22

Seniors Rights Victoria has been analysing our helpline call, client and case data for the financial year 2021-2022 and comparing it to data for the previous year.

Helpline Data 

The following provides an overview of the Helpline contact data from the last financial year (1st of July 2021 – 30th of June 2022). It should be noted that this data also includes enquiries received via email to info@seniorsrights.org.au  or casework@seniorsrights.org.au not just calls to the Helpline. 

View the full report

40% of callers were older people. 34% family. 18% professionals and 7% concerned others.

Of the 3,502 total contact 57% were regarding an elder abuse concern, with the remaining 43% unrelated to elder abuse.

Emotional/ Psychological abuse 18%. Financial abuse 18%. Family Care Agreements 8%. Family Financial agreements 7%. Social abuse 6%. Power of Attorney 5%. Seniors Cards 6%. Physical Abuse 4%. Aged Care homes 4%.
Emotional/ Psychological abuse 18%. Financial abuse 18%. Social abuse 6%. Physical Abuse 4%. Neglect 3%.

View the full report

Call
If you, or someone you know is experiencing elder abuse, help is available through our confidential helpline on 1300 368 821. If it is an emergency, call 000.
Back to Top
Return to top

Subscribe to our newsletter

crossmenucross-circle