June 15 2017 @ 9:30 am – 12:30 pm
The Victorian Office of the Public Advocate and Seniors Rights Victoria invite you to a free 2017 World Elder Abuse Awareness Day Forum in Melbourne on Thursday 15 June.
At the forum, Senator the Hon. George Brandis QC, Attorney-General, will launch the Report of the Australian Law Reform Commission Inquiry into ‘Protecting the Rights of Older Australians from Abuse’.
We will also hear from key presenters:
- President of the Australian Law Reform Commission, Emeritus Professor Rosalind Croucher AM; and
- Hon. Dr. Kay Patterson AO, Federal Age Discrimination Commissioner.
Part two of the forum will help you gain a practical understanding of how some key organisations are responding to elder abuse. Our lively and interactive Q&A panel will include:
- Tina Douvos Stathopoulos, CEO of PRONIA;
- Jenny Blakey, Manager of Seniors Rights Victoria;
- Sgt Alasdair Gall, Eastern Family Violence Unit, Victoria Police;
- Meghan O’Brien, Team Leader – Rehabilitation Acute Link Team, St Vincent’s Hospital Melbourne; and
- Dr John Chesterman, Director of Strategy, Office of the Public Advocate.
Bring along your pressing questions for these experts to explore and answer – and find out how we can better work together to prevent elder abuse.
Morning tea will be provided and there will be opportunity for networking.
This forum is free, but places are limited. Registrations close 7 June 2017.
If you do not have computer access and want to book, please call us on (03) 9655 2119.