The National Ageing Research Institute (NARI) has released a report What Do Older People Want from Their Healthcare?
Funded by the Victorian Department of Health, the report is the result of a survey of 300 older Victorians between April 2019 to February 2020.
Some of the key findings of the Report are:
- 75% of respondents said living independently in their own home for as long as possible was a top priority;
- Only 16% of the respondents felt that their caring roles were supported by others and/or services;
- Trust in the Aged Care System is low;
- Of the respondents, 22% indicated that they didn’t understand the My Aged Care system;
- 41% considered Aged Care facilities/homes to be depressing places.
The full report can be accessed on the NARI website.