This workshop aims to strengthen the ability of the Victorian workforce to identify and respond to elder abuse. It can be offered as a stand alone education session for the direct care workforce and is also a prerequisite for Recognise, Respond to and Assess Elder Abuse. This workshop is offered to all workers.
- Orientation to the definition and incidence of elder abuse.
- The empowerment model and the protection of human rights.
- Introduction to the legal and policy framework.
- Signs of abuse – what should I look for?
- Acting on suspicion of abuse- when should I say something?
- Resources- what supports/services are available?
- Elder abuse in a diverse community.